Founded by a group of seasoned equity analysts, Investar operates mainly in the fronts of Annual Report, Sustainability Report, Integrated Report and Investor Relations advisory services. We provide bespoke solutions for clients with 20 year practical experience in Vietnam financial markets. We believe the alignment between our company, employees and client's objectives is the key to our success.
With the engagement of a seasoned professional team, we integrate capital market insights and best practices to provide clients with bespoke and value-added solutions.
With the engagement of a seasoned professional team, we integrate capital market insights and best practices to provide clients with bespoke and value-added solutions. Our team advise Vietnam’s leading companies on Annual Report, Sustainability Report, Integrated Report not only to fulfill the compliance requirement of Vietnam’s stock market authorities, but also to meet international corporate reporting standards/guidelines of the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), the International Integrated Reporting Council (the IIRC).
The role of annual report (AR) continues to evolve, from a compliance requirement to an important tool for companies to pro-actively communicate with stakeholders, including shareholders (current and potential), employees, customers, suppliers, banks, media, community…
As such, AR now should provide a holistic picture and act as the primary source of authoritative information about a company.
With a professional annual report in place, your company is able to:
(1) Attract (current and potential) investors, improving the opportunity to successfully raise capital on the stock market. AR provides a throughout picture about the company, particularly analysis of performance and outlook. AR helps investing community with background information to assess the company’s potential in all aspects before making decisions.
(2) Build trust for customers, suppliers, lenders. An AR that can provide concisely a picture of historical performance as well as business outlook, R&D strategy, investment activities, product quality, sustainable development strategy… would definitely please your customers. Meanwhile, your suppliers, lenders would be interested to know your on-going business, sustainable development – if your company would be able to make payments in time, able to go for a long-term partnership.
(3) Attract talents. People tend to be loyal to companies which have a bright business prospect and bring them a positive career path – that’s true. The management’s comments and analysis about the financial results, investment plan, development strategy would deliver a clear message to current as well as future employees.
(4) Pro-actively and effectively impact the media, community. The media has strong impact on investor’s sentiment, community’s viewpoints, from both positive and negative sides. A good AR can serve as a primary source of authoritative information about the company for the media.
Integrated reporting (<IR>) is consistent with various developments in the financial and corporate reporting across the world, of which the value creation stands at the centre.
Integrated report focuses on the ability of the company to utilize capitals/resources to create value in the short, medium and long term; and will be delivered by the process of integrated thinking, and the application of principles such as connectivity of information.
The primary purpose of an integrated report is to explain to providers of financial capital how a company creates value over time. An integrated report benefits all stakeholders interested in a company’s ability to create value over time, including employees, customers, suppliers, business partners, local communities, legislators, regulators and policy-makers.
Investar offers advice on all aspects of intergrated reporting in line with the International Integrated Reporting Council (the IIRC) guidelines.
The term “sustainable development” was coined in the paper Our Common Future, released by the UN’s Brundtland Commission: “Sustainable development is the kind of development that meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs”. The three main pillars of sustainable development include economic growth, environmental protection, and social equality.
There is clear evidence of a growing demand for sustainable business operations, meanwhile company’s financiers, customers and other stakeholders are more and more relying on non-financial information to make decisions. The company’s bottom line has rapidly shifted from “profit” to “profit-people-planet”.
Sustainability reporting helps companies to set goals, measure performance, and manage changes in order to make their operations more sustainable and meet such the triple bottom line.
Investar provides sustainability reporting solutions with all aspects from report’s content preparation, design and printing service to process healthcheck and best practices implementation in line with the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) guidelines.
As a member of Vietnam Business Council for Sustainable Development (VBCSD), we also actively get involved in promoting the awareness and application of sustainability reporting in Vietnam.
Investor Relations Advisory.
According to the US National Investor Relations Institute (NIRI), “investor relations is a strategic management responsibility that integrates finance, communication, marketing and securities law compliance to enable the most effective two-way communication between a company, the financial community, and other constituencies, which ultimately contributes to a company’s securities achieving fair valuation”.
Given the Vietnam stock market is rapidly growing to become a critical capital raising channel for enterprises, investor relations (IR) has gone far beyond the information disclosure function. Vietnam enterprises now should integrate the related business units, functions and resources to benefit from effective IR programme/strategy implementation.
Investar helps your company:
(1) Perform IR health check, including internal work process and personnel.
(2) Formulate and execute IR programmes with corporate value orientation.
(3) Deal with crisis and develop communications plan during crisis time.
(4) Design, produce investor package, marketing materials, sales kits.
(5) Develop IR website.
(6) Organize, manage IR events such as: investor’s day, road show, shareholder’s meeting.
(7) Translate company’s documents, IR documents, information disclosure packages…